I DON'T LIKE IT HERE!






I don't like it here, in fact, I  abhor it.

Here, where the awkwardness verges on profound. The long, percolating silence doesn't seem to end.

The uncertainty exacerbates my anxiety, the familiarity of the circumstances cause me to spiral down in fear.  


See, I have seen the pinnacle of it all. I have experienced the bliss; feeling brave, bold and balanced.

Savoring the moments, basking in the glory of  this lofty place, the scenic views and the promising horizon. Praying to God it lasts forever.


I have also known fast hand, how cruel it can be, tumbling from such a towering mountain. You are either swamped by the avalanche or soaked in the trickle and before you know it, you are gasping for breath in the tarn. It's not the drowning that kills you, its the cold that paralyzes you to the end.

Once you have survived this, you are relieved that it did not kill you outright but the shock it sends down your system heightens your senses. The slightest downward roll of slippy particles send you into an overthinking frenzy; coiling away at the first sign of a recession.

Life though, can never be without the torrents and crumbles. Soaring places are magnificent but so are views from rock bottom. Being buried in the rubble is not a death sentence. Gulping water and fighting to stay afloat doesn't mean you will not make it to the shore.


There's something about sunsets, dark corners and heaps of rubble. You may be rearing at the edges but you are not irreparably damaged. 

I may not like it here, but what an insipid, inconsequential life it would be, if none of these stumbles ever happened.



Comments

Popular Posts